John P Salas is an ethical, ambitious and confident litigator that blends real-world business acumen with a broad range of civil litigation experience. JP Salas Law’s mission is to provide firm clients with exceptional client service as well as unique and practical solutions to their legal problems.
JP Salas Law is a Florida law firm dedicated to providing you with effective legal representation to individuals and businesses. The Firm’s principal, Florida attorney JP Salas is committed to bringing the highest ethical standards and passion for justice to every case he handles.
JP Salas has a remarkable breadth of experience litigating business disputes, consumer protection lawsuits, construction disputes and insurance claims in Florida’s state and federal courts. When matters become adversarial (as they often do) JP will thoroughly prepare your case for trial with the goal of achieving optimal results.
JP Salas’ Representative Experience
- Representation of major cruise line in connection with the largest oil spill in U.S. history, resulting in a significant claim payment from the Gulf Coast Claims Facility.
- Representation of major cruise lines in federal and state court in numerous cases involving the enforceability of arbitration agreements in seaman employment contracts and collective bargaining agreements.
- Representation of former employee of one of the world’s largest producers of computer software in a lawsuit involving violations of Florida’s Whistleblower Protection Act.
- Obtained a favorable settlement on behalf of a site subcontractor in a lawsuit against the prime contractor and its surety.
- Obtained a favorable settlement on behalf of a shell subcontractor in a lawsuit against the prime contractor and its surety.
- Obtained a favorable settlement on behalf of an electrical subcontractor in a lawsuit against the prime contractor and its surety.
- Obtained a favorable settlement on behalf of a general contractor in lawsuit to foreclose on a claim of lien.
- Represented design firm, and interior designer and a draftsman in a lawsuit involving two separate construction projects against an owner and a general contractor. Assisted as second chair trial counsel during a four-day jury trial in which the design firm and its owner prevailed on the significant issues resulting in an award of attorney’s fees and costs. The case was settled post-judgement.
- Represented prime contractor and assisted as second chair trial counsel in litigation against various developer entities involving scheduling impacts, breach of contract, and breach of the implied covenants of good faith and fair dealing. After a three-week jury trial, the jury awarded the prime contractor the majority of its claimed contract balances resulting in award of attorney’s fees and costs. The case was settled post-judgment.
- Represented various large property and casualty insurers in a multitude of first-party property, coverage and assignment of benefits claims.
- Drafted, reviewed and negotiated various construction contracts and sub-contracts on behalf of developers, contractors and specialty sub-contractors.
- Obtained favorable settlement on behalf of a real estate investor in connection with the investors various claims against a Condominium Association and Condominium Board.
- Obtained a favorable settlement on behalf of a real estate investor in a lawsuit seeking specific performance related to the sale and purchase of a residential multi-family building.
- Represented design professionals and contractors before the Florida Board of Architecture and Design and before the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation.
- Obtained favorable settlements on behalf of Florida policyholders on denied, underpaid or delayed insurance claims involving water damage, windstorm damage, fire damage, plumbing leaks, roof leaks and toxic mold.
- Implicit Bias in the Courtroom: Don’t Ignore It and Hope for the Best. Hispanic National Bar Association Annual Conference, September 2015.
JP Salas attended:
- Florida State University College of Law (J.D., 2008)
- Notes & Comment Editor, Florida State University Journal of Land Use and Environmental Law
- Vice-President Spanish American Law Student Association (S.A.L.S.A)
- Legal Intern – Florida Department of Financial Service/Office of Insurance Regulation.
- University of Florida (Bachelors of Science, Business Administration, Major: Finance)
Admitted to Practice
- All Florida Courts
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
JP Salas is a member of:
- Broward County Bar Association
- Chapman Partnership for the Homeless – Member, Next Gen
- Miramar Pembroke Pines Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Born in Coral Gables, Florida
- Fluent in Spanish
- JP Salas lives in Plantation with his wife and two daughters, Madelyn and Sophia.